Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fishy in a Grotto ACEO

Like yesterday's fishes, this one seems to be happily swimming in an underwater grotto.

The fish is made from my favorite origami paper; I like how the flowers ended up on her tailfin.


The background is painted with watercolors on a piece of handmade paper. The paper has wonderful organic bit and threads running through, which absorbed or repelled the paint in ways I couldn't have planned. It all came out really well, and I'm happy with my little fishy.


This little fishy is available in my Etsy shop:
http://lifeneedsart.etsy.com

And stay tuned. More fishes swimming this way...

4 comments:

readingsully2 said...

Adorable again. :)

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Carole! I'm always glad to see you drop by. :)

Leah said...

Ooo, I'm loving all your fishies!!

lifeneedsart said...

Thanks, Leah. I wonder if my fishy fascination has anything to do with me being a Pisces? - K