Thursday, November 20, 2008

Two Purple Snowflakes, Dark


Here's another in my snowflake series. This time it's two purple snowflakes cut from that handmade paper (purchased, not made myself).

The background is acrylics thinned with lots of water and dropped onto wet watercolor paper. The backgrounds for all the cards in this series were done individually -- they weren't done in one big sheet and cut to fit. Each responded differently to the water and paint, giving them unique colors.

I used phthalo blue, acra® blue violet, sap green, and viridian hue permanent. Transparent colors except for the viridian.

The background is darker on this one with less violet than the others. I like the contrast myself.

Again, stay tuned. I'm fond of these little snowflakes and I'm not done yet. :)

No comments: