Sunday, March 15, 2009

New ACEO Series


I've started a new ACEO series. It's similar to the snowflakes but focused on spring colors and themes.

I found some beautiful origami paper called Miyabi Chiyogami; it's printed with pretty pastel colors and flowery designs. It's very cheerful and reminiscent of spring.

I've been using it to make more cutouts. Snowflakes came first, since I'm used to making them. But I'm finding other shapes -- flowers, crosses, hearts -- that work well, too.

This first cutout is of course a snowflake. It's collaged onto a piece of matboard that's been painted with thin washes of acrylic paints for a transparent effect, almost like stained glass.

Stay tuned. I've got lots more of these to come as soon as I can get them scanned.

This one is available for purchase in my Etsy shop.

No comments: